Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Jen wuz here!

My last day with you all is Sunday, August 20.  Frankly I didn't expect to like you so much.  I mean, how attached can you get in one year?

 But open hearts invite belonging, and yours welcomed me in.  I was quickly at home in the circle of the Adult Sunday School, surrounded by active spiritual learners.  I was invited to share my story with the Daughters of the King and Circle 4.  I have shared parts of my story in sermons, and many of you have thanked me for it. 

Our youth have weathered more staff changes than any other group in these interim years (except of course the staff itself).  I will be glad when they get a permanent person again!  Meanwhile they have managed to find their way into my heart, simply by being themselves.  They are loving, creative, spontaneous, accepting, and brave.  Working with their intern leaders, Maggie Mahloy and Alex Shaddock, has been a joy.  Beginning the year with Elizabeth Koerner was practically magic - sign me up to be on her team anytime.

 And then there are the children.  If you know me, you know I love your children.  I have loved when a brave little one comes to Children's Chapel for the first time.  I have loved when a multitude of last-minute angels flew around and around the star on Christmas Eve.  I have loved bringing Bible stories to life with dozens of kids at VBS.  I have loved listening to our school children sing - it is truly breathtaking.  And if I may say so, I am proud of our school children singing all 66 names of the books of the Bible by themselves!

I was here.  And I am glad.  Thank you St. Andrew's.

Jen+

No comments:

Post a Comment