Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Vestry Liaison Report: Facilities Team

I’ve been attending St. Andrew’s since 2012, was received in 2015, and joined the Vestry in 2016.  Having spent most of my career working on the waterfront at Newport News Shipbuilding, I felt I could best serve St. Andrew’s in the facilities area. Under the leadership of Junior Warden Doug Vaughan, I have been able to assist in some of the projects Doug has led.  In addition to meeting the day to day demands of an aging facility, Doug and his team are working on a number of projects: exploring ways to make the door by the sacristy elevator more handicapped accessible, installing magnetic locks at the Main Street entrance in order to increase security for the school and office, installing hand rails on the chancel and altar steps. In addition to these projects, I am assisting the team by working with the Newport News Traffic Division to add a handicapped parking space near the Main Street entrance to the church.

Danny Switzer
Vestry Liaison - Facilities Team

No comments:

Post a Comment