Friday, September 8, 2017

Greetings from our new Associate Rector!

Dear St. Andrew’s family, 

With great joy, and gratitude to God, I have accepted the call to be your Associate for Children and Youth at St. Andrew’s.  I will begin on Sunday, October 1, and I am very much looking forward to meeting you all in person and joining in ministry with you.

What drew me the most to the faith community of St. Andrew’s is the fact you take the ministry for and with children and youth very seriously, just as genuinely as I do.  I look forward to putting my years of experience with young people to work, sharing with them the reality of the great love of God and the many ways in which they can express and share their faith, that hope which is within all Christians. 

I am from a large family, which immigrated to the United States from the island of Jamaica, and who are also proud citizens of our adopted country.  I am a joyous aunt of Alana (Maryland) and loving godmother of Gabe and Jamie (Massachusetts).  I enjoy knitting, quilting, reading, and weaving and learning how to sew clothing.

I also look forward to serving St. Andrew’s with your Rector, Anne, and the rest of the staff and others who give so much of their time and talents.  I want to thank Anne, and the rest of the Search Advisory Team, all of whom were so welcoming to me throughout the whole interview process. 

I can’t wait to see you all on October 1 and may God bless us in our ministry together.

Peace, 
Lorna+

No comments:

Post a Comment