Monday, September 17, 2018

Time, Talent and Treasure – to Whom Do They Belong?


Not to me!  I know that my time, talent and treasure are gifts from God so it seems only natural that I give back to God.  None of the three were mine to create; only to use to the best of my ability.

But why do I specifically give to St. Andrew’s?  Easy.  Because I love St. Andrew’s and feel blessed to call it my church home.  I cannot imagine my 55 years as a resident of Newport News without having St. Andrew’s as the foundation for my Christian life.  Through St. Andrew’s I first learned from Doug Burgoyne and Howard Saunders that the lyrics of my father’s favorite hymn were true: the Church’s one foundation is Jesus Christ her Lord!

At St. Andrew’s Jesus Christ is alive and well.  He is our foundation and is in our midst inspiring daily examples of love, generosity and acceptance.  Each time I volunteer, attend a worship service or meet a St. Andrew’s friend in the community, I see God in action.  I love that!

This year I pledge to take an inventory of my time, talent and treasure and use them wisely to help strengthen not only the foundation of our church but the foundation of our lives together as one body in Christ.

I pray that in the upcoming year we can all share our God-given time, talent and treasure to build a church that will influence and serve the surrounding community for another 100 years.

Jackie Legg Wash

Commitment Sunday is November 4, 2018. Click here to learn more about St. Andrew's Abundant Blessings campaign and how you can support our ministry with your time, talent and treasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment