Tuesday, October 22, 2019

2020 Pledge Campaign: Reflection on Gracious Giving

Why I give to St. Andrew's

For most of my adult life, I have moved around: from a small Appalachian town to a large industrial city, with many kinds of places in between. Even my five years spent in Newport News has involved much moving, as my husband and I learned to live in an area that was so different from our Midwestern roots. However, when we purchased our home in Hilton Village earlier this year, we finally felt settled in a way we hadn't for a long time. But there was a part of our lives that, because of the uncertainty of our jobs, we'd never had the opportunity to secure: finding a church and community of faith to join.

Though I've only been a member of St. Andrew's for a few months, the welcoming community it provided for us has helped to complete a years-long journey to finding a spiritual home. My contribution to the Annual Giving Campaign demonstrates my gratefulness for the physical space, the spiritual sanctuary it provides, and the people who make the space complete.

Nicole Emmelhainz

No comments:

Post a Comment