Monday, February 24, 2020

Vestry Liaison Update – Facilities

I would like to introduce myself as the newest member of the Facilities Team. In this position I will be communicating facility-related information between the vestry and the congregation, sending updates on the state of our buildings and property as needed. I am excited to be working with such a dedicated staff ensuring that our property is safe and protected for all to use.

A few issues we are dealing with right now pertain to water seepage from old windows in the school building. We have addressed most of the water damage and are currently reviewing our next steps on the aging windows.

Our new Junior Warden Steve Howell is meeting weekly with the Warden, Rector and Sexton to identify other areas that need repair for our facility. A full walk around was completed in January and a list of projects was identified.

I always welcome new ideas and suggestions when it comes to maintaining a healthy and safe environment at St. Andrews. As I look around the church, I’ve seen areas of opportunity that need a deep cleaning and/or restoration. One idea proposed was a workday, maybe a Saturday morning, to enhance the appearance of our church. Painting party, anyone?

I am looking forward to a successful year working with our vestry and Junior Warden. 

Thank you,
Joel Duregger

No comments:

Post a Comment