Thursday, August 25, 2016

Meet Elizabeth, Interim Minister of Youth & Children

By Elizabeth Koerner, Interim Minister of Youth & Children

I am so excited to have the opportunity to serve St. Andrew’s in my new role as Interim Minister of Youth and Children.  When Fr. David asked me to consider this invitation, I was surprised and uncertain about whether to accept the offer.  I spent some time in prayer and reflection and have come to believe the Holy Spirit has placed a challenge in my spiritual path in order for me to stretch myself in my service to God.  So, here I go, with God’s help and the support of my parish community!

Fortunately, I have had an excellent teacher and mentor in Harper.  I worked closely with her in planning and facilitating EYC for the last two years, meeting with her for several hours at least once a week.  I was also able to attend nearly every meeting and youth event, especially during the 2015-16 year.  Harper also left me with a wealth of resources for planning.  And, I will be working with our new Interim Minister of Christian Formation, the Rev. Jen Kimball, who has tremendous experience with young people.

My goal for this interim period is to continue Harper’s work.  I am not looking to make any major changes in any of the programs, but rather to continue the programs she created.  Our EYC will still meet on Sunday evenings and our youth will still to able to attend weekends at Chanco.  We will continue to offer Tweens and Children’s Chapel.  As Harper envisioned, we continue to “Plant Seeds, Make Change.”

No comments:

Post a Comment