Tuesday, August 30, 2016

A letter from Fr. David

Dear St. Andrew's Community,

As the search process for a new rector enters its final phase, you and I have been anticipating the ending of the interim period and saying farewell to each other.  The time has come for me to move on to the next phase of life and focus on some of the energizing tasks and challenges awaiting me.

I have given notice to the vestry that I am resigning as Rector in the Interim effective Sunday, October 2nd.  With two weeks vacation remaining, my last Sunday with you will be September 18th.  We knew this day would come when we began our journey together in October of 2014, but that does not make the farewells any easier.

You have been a consistent source of joy to me in our service together.  The vestry and staff and team leaders and volunteers have served together with love, energy, and commitment.  Together you have brought St. Andrew's to the beginning of a new era, one filled with inestimable possibilities.  As you join with God in God's mission of gathering all people to the experience of divine love, and do so free of concerns about institutional well being, you will be amazed at the ways in which St. Andrew's will flourish.

You--your faces, your stories, your loving embraces and encouraging words--will live on in my heart from now on. Please know that you will be held in my prayers. 

I feel excited for you.  Your new rector will be most fortunate!

God's peace,
The Rev. David W. Perkins, Th.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment