Monday, October 5, 2020

A Few thoughts on Stewardship

Saint Andrew’s has been an important part of my life for many years. It provides a place of comfort, warmth and generosity in the midst of this busy world. I like being in the company of people who look beyond themselves as they share their open hearts and minds in the service of the church and others. During this extraordinary time of the pandemic and social unrest, I have been so impressed with the priests, staff, vestry and volunteers who have worked so hard to keep us connected to God and to each other. As they care for us, I feel it is vital that we care for the church, its leaders and its mission. Our outreach efforts make a difference in the community as well. This is why I choose to support the “Giving Together” Pledge Campaign. I cannot wait until we are able to worship together again in person. The sense of unity through our shared worship is so uplifting. Though this is a stressful time for our community and country, God gives me faith that we will get through to the other side. There will always be challenges in life, so thanks be to God for loving us and reminding us to forgive and be kind. As Susan and Doug shared in their campaign letter…let us be God’s light in the world.  

Debbie Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment