Monday, November 26, 2018

Meet our Vestry nominees

The following parishioners have been nominated for the Vestry Class of 2021. We are grateful for their willingness to serve: 

Tonia Graves
Moving to Virginia, it was important our children have a say in choosing our church.  The reception we got from St. Andrew’s, especially EYC, made the decision easy.  I don’t know what I would do without my St. Andrew’s family and my continued service now that the children have grown up and moved away.  With this nomination, I am, as always, blessed and honored to be able to give back to my church home in service to God.

Steve Howell
I would like to be considered for a position on Vestry for a number of reasons. I have been attending St. Andrews for almost ten years now and have benefited personally and spiritually from the St Andrews community. It is now time for me to give back to this wonderful Church. I will bring my time and prior knowledge as a business owner to the Vestry in hopes of contributing positive supportive input in Vestry activities going forward. I’m honored to be considered for this position. 

Betsy Jones
Our family first came to St. Andrews when Cassie and Tucker were attending St. Andrew's School.  The warm and friendly environment made us feel at home right away! I’ve enjoyed helping Jackie and her hospitality crew out over the years; I’m currently one of the greeters and it’s always uplifting to say hello as people are arriving at church. I had been thinking over the past few months that I would like to become more involved at St. Andrew's and am excited about hopefully serving on the vestry.

Allie Wittkamp
St. Andrew’s has been such an important part of my spiritual foundation as the church where I myself was baptized and had my Christian upbringing.  My experience is made whole being part of the parish as an adult, where I worship alongside my parents and foster a spiritual foundation for my young daughter.  It would be an honor to serve at this time when the St. Andrew’s family discerns its intended purpose and mission in the present-day parish.

No comments:

Post a Comment