Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Pledge Campaign reflection by Leslie McNiece, Oct. 22, 2023

It's the time of the year for the stewardship campaign. When I thought about what would I say to you today, I came up with the usual. Why one should contribute money to the church. Why I do. Why you should. What it means to the church. What the church means to me. But none of it sounded like anything anyone hadn't said before. So I've decided to say something else. I've decided to say thank you.

Thank you to all of you out there who have pledged whatever you could to keep St. Andrew's alive all these years. Thank you for making it possible to uphold the traditions and ceremony of the Episcopal faith. Thank you for paying for the costs of this building, whose footprint has survived through storms and changing times. Thank you for sustaining our clergy who have the heavy responsibility of holding us together. Thank you not only for the monetary contributions you've made for many years but for the hundreds of hours of your precious time you have volunteered to make sure we hold fast and see to those less fortunate, all in the name of Jesus Christ.


So yes, it's pledge time, when we the Vestry budget for the coming year. But perhaps let's do that with reflection on what we've done, as well as what there is left to do.


Leslie McNiece
Vestry member

No comments:

Post a Comment